As the YouthCARE Chaplain at South Ballajura Primary School, Ms Deborah has the opportunity and privilege to be part of building the character of the students, supporting parents and working with staff. The role is founded on the core values of Respect, Compassion and Service to meet both school and community needs. Ms Deborah promotes the holistic wellbeing of students, parents and staff by building positive relationships and providing social, emotional, and practical support. These initiatives include:
- 1:1 Pastoral conversations covering topics such as family breakdown, sick family members, death, suicide, self-harming, drugs, bullying, self-esteem, cultural issues, behavioural and educational challenges, puberty, changing schools, making friends.
- Provide and direct families to outside supporting agencies when resources are needed.
- Run programs in classes about resilience, friendships, problem solving and life skills.
- Operate breakfast club were students can interact together and build new friendships.
- Teachers and I work together to build the character and resilience of students.
- Support P & C and community events.
Ms Deborah is available on Monday and Tuesdays 8am to 4pm. You can make an appointment by ringing 9207 0100.
ESC School Chaplaincy Support
Mr Avram, our YouthCare School Chaplain is:
- providing pastoral care support to staff and parents and students
- assisting with the school breakfast club
- running “THE BRAVE” online program to nominated students
- liaising with Mission Australia and Wanslea to assist parents with NDIS plans
- facilitating the school and local community organisations networking