Here at South Ballajura Primary School and South Ballajura Education Support Centre we consider the Wellbeing of our School Community a priority. We are happy to welcome Mr Martin as our new School Chaplain. Mr Martin has the opportunity and privilege to support the Wellbeing of our School Community and be part of building the character of the students, supporting parents, and working with staff. The role is founded on the core values of Respect, Compassion and Service to meet both school and community needs. Mr Martin promotes the holistic wellbeing of students, parents, and staff by building positive relationships and providing social, emotional, spiritual, and practical support in many areas.
Some of these initiatives include:
• Provide pastoral care support to staff and parents and students.
• One to one and small group Pastoral Conversation covering topics such as family breakdown, sick family members, grief and loss, self-harming, drugs and alcohol, bullying, self-esteem, cultural issues, behavioural and educational challenges, puberty, changing schools, making friends etc.
• Provide and direct families to outside supporting agencies where resources are needed and assisting them with referrals.
• Facilitate breakfast club where students can interact together to build new friendships and have a healthy breakfast.
• Work with Teachers to build the character and resilience of students.
• Support our school P & C and community events.
• Network with the local community to promote our fantastic School Community.
Mr Martin is currently available to South Ballajura Primary School on Monday,Thursday & Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm. South Ballajura Education Support Centre Tuesday & Wednesday 8.30am to 4.00pm. You can make an appointment by calling reception on 9207 0100 or calling him direct on 9207 0121.